Minggu, 07 Desember 2014

My First ever Performance with Rampoe UGM

It was December 3, the day I first ever performed traditional dance from Aceh called Likok Pulo with Rampoe UGM, a department of IMABA UGM (Hima Sastra Asia Barat UGM), concerning on traditional dance of Aceh. Never thought it would have got such big applause from the audience since, I think, it was far from perfect. It was not my first time for being on stages. I, several times, have performed in some places to play traditional music instruments with the friends of Angklung Kujang. However, I'd never experienced dance performing! Without having any music instruments on my hand, of course, it felt so different to me. My mind was immidiately blowing to my first performance playing Angklung. It was in UIN Sunan Kalijaga when I was in the first semester (read: maba). I was so excited and nervous at the same time. Emm..to be honest, not really nervous because, sadly, I only played some musical note in one song. Not more than five I guess! Syediiih.But all over, it had been so nice. I felt all the hard work on practicing had paid off by hearing the crowd of the audience. Oh wait, I think this is too much. Let's back to the main topic!

Several days before performing, i got a little hectic asking people, 'Punya sarung kotak-kotak merah nggak?, 'Punya kaos item polos nggak?, 'Punya sabuk item nggak?', 'Punya...nggak?', 'Punya...nggak?', punya punya punya?
Fortunately, I got all the stuffs I need at the end.
I remember, at the day, my classmates and I rebelled one of the class. All students decided not to attend the class and go home right 10 minutes after the lecturer texted, 'I will be there in 10 minutes.' When we exactly were out of the class, we saw the lecturer went up the staircase walking to the class. I couldn't imagine how would his face be finding nobody was in. We're really sorry, Papah Y*s* :( ah out of topic lagi..
At 5 p.m. my friends and I went to the room where we hecticly got our faces made up. So many people in the room since there were more than 40 performers were girls. Here and there were line to get our faces made up. There was pet peeve then. I felt tlike I wanted to get mad when I found one of my make-up equipment got accidentally exchanged. Mine was still new, but all I got was the empty one. And the worst thing was it's not actually mine! It belonged to my Kujang friends! I have no idea where it really was. So sad.
Grufie after getting made and dressed up

Sampe mba2nya bilang, 'yg udah selesai foto2nya di luar ya' :'D


I took my prayer in between after getting made up and before getting dressed up. At almost 9 p.m. we had already been on the backstage getting ready to perform. I didn't think I was nervous cause I thought I had been experiencing being on stages, but apparently my hands began shaking right several minutes before the MCs called us out. Well, show must go on!
Forgot to mention, there were 60 performers performing Likok Pulo in this event (Rekor Rampoe!)

From the rampoeugm instagram account. #rampoeperdana
 
I did realize, I made some mistakes during my dance. I thought it was not because I forgot the march of the dance, but rather the nervousness that couldn't be handled. So did my friends. 'Duh tadi ada yang salah', 'Eh, tadi pas yang bagian ini aku salah tauk', and blablabla, said some of them after performing. While performing I heard the audience gave us so much applause in every break of the dance. At the end of our performance, I heard so much more applause from them. Some screamed, 'Lagi! Lagi!' Yep, nothing's happier than to hear the audience screaming Lagi! Lagi! Lagi! A often feel it when performing Angklung. (Nah kan malah balik lagi ke Angklung. I guess I've been missing to play it so bad lately!) Realizing the mistakes we made, I thought the seniors would give big critics to us, but I was wrong! Some of them said that it was a great performance. Some others said it was good enough for the very first performing. And one said, 'Entah kenapa, saya merinding liat kalian nampil!'  I was a little shocked, 'Did we look that great?' haha. But all over, so glad to hear that!
Another senior gave us some evaluations. I honestly looked forward to hear his comments cause I know he would tell the truth! Haha. I did agree with him that this was just a beginning. Eventhough it was not the best one, at least, we tried our bests. And the most important thing is that we need to learn more. To be the best is not instant, right?  We need courage to reach it. And in the end, we'll notice,

It's not about the ending, but it's rather about the process. Sometimes, it is experiences that teach us a lot. #tsaaah :'D

After performing


Last but not least, terima kasih kepada kakak-kakak Rampoe UGM yang sudah mengajar dan mendukung kami. Terima kasih sudah mau berlelah dan bersabar untuk mengajari kami menari. Kami bisa karena kalian ada :'D *hug in a group*
#satu

Also, thanks to all my friends that had lent me the stuffs I need for the performance {}
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog.

P.S. baru bikin akun ask.fm nih, kali2 ada pertanyaan bisa langsung tanya di sini :3 ask.fm/ellisrizqiy

Love,
Ellis. R

2 komentar:

  1. Ellis, I'm so sorry about your make-up equipment ;'(. I really remember the time you asked me whether it was your foundation or not. And I was so sure that it was yours that ACTUALLY not :(
    this is shanti

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. It's all ok, Shan. It's not your fault. No need to feel that sorry! ;)

      Hapus